These last few weeks have been a whirlwind of progress and research!
- We can send serial data over web-sockets and control arduino boards through Ethernet. Transitioning to a wireless link soon.
- Data transfer is nearly instantaneous but we still need to see wireless functionality.
- Finishing up Pressure Hull for testing on Saturday. Once that passes the test, other teams should be able to use the hull.
- Decided G-Flex resin works well. XTC resin results are inconclusive. Using G-flex for our current Pressure Hull.
- Printed a part of the hull to mount the thrusters and cable penetrators. Modifying designs to make screwing in thrusters easier.
- Created voltage step down design for all four batteries. Need further tests to determine voltage draw from sensors.
- Simulated wiring for the rasp pi’s (using one battery).
- Decided on voltage regulator for circuits.
- Researched and decided upon Brine tests methods, should be implementation on Saturday.
- ArcGIS maps developed mapping sea currents in the area. (Soon to be added to the website!)